[Feedhenry-raincatcher] Demo Apps Improvement Suggestion - Get Users From MongoDB Instead of JSON Files

Thomas Nolan thnolan at redhat.com
Wed Oct 18 15:44:14 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

I have a suggestion regarding the the population of users in our demo apps.

I believe it would be more beneficial to read users from a MongoDB instance
rather than the JSON files as currently happens for the following reasons:

   - This will be closer to a production like system.
   - Currently to generate a set of users for performance testing, the
   generation tools need to generate the users, copy the output files to the
   correct folders inside the raincatcher-core server and start the server.
   Our generation tools could easily interact with the MongoDB instance and
   create the user information in the database, and avoid time lost in copying
   the files and possible errors in copying the files to the wrong location.
   This may have the biggest impact on an OpenShift instance where it would be
   easier to generate users by interacting with the MongoDB endpoint rather
   than either build a new image, or change the contents of a PV, in order to
   get the new users JSON files into a container each time we want to run a
   performance test with a different amount of users.

Regards,

Tommy

--
Thomas Nolan