[Feedhenry-raincatcher] Monitoring npm dependencies

Wojciech Trocki wtrocki at redhat.com
Mon Sep 18 09:24:14 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone

RainCatcher is modular solution, consisting at the moment of ~20 separate
node modules.
This amount can grow in the future. Currently project is using lerna for
the publishing and module managment.
We use hoisting <https://github.com/lerna/lerna/blob/master/doc/hoist.md>
option, however we may still need to make sure that modules we publish have
recent package versions and are free of vulnerabilities.
With that in mind we will look into some automation around version updates
(and automation for testing after update is done).

In my opinion we have two options to keep our modules up to date:

1) Use lerna and npm tooling as part of release scripts (semi-manual)
2) Use github marketplace options like https://greenkeeper.io

Looking forward for opinions and suggestions

Regards

--

WOJCIECH TROCKI

Red Hat Mobile <https://www.redhat.com/>