[Firstaidkit-devel] news firstaidkit-0.2.0 realeased

Joel Andres Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 15:54:00 UTC 2008

Hello list:

This announcement comes a bit late but I realized that this might interest some people....
we have released firstaidkit-0.2.0.  This brings:
 * new gui (thx to msivak that did all the work) that shows you what the backend is doing.
 * It has a backup system that takes care of "please backup this file for me" situations.
   It also has the capability of backing up values.
 * a lot of minor bug fixes.
 * tuns of documentation was writen to make the plugin developers life much easier.
 * new docs for the end user is also available.

The next step for firstaidkit:
 * get it into the anaconda rescue mode.  where it is needed the most
 * continue to work on the growing plugin list:
   passwd.py
   plugin_grub.py
   plugin_mdadmconf.py
   plugin_rpm
   plugin_rpm_lowlevel
   plugin_undelete_partitions
   xserver.py

FYI: if you think you have a great idea for a plugin and want to share it with everyone, there is a issue that is tracking these sort of things -> https://fedorahosted.org/firstaidkit/ticket/42,  feel free to post an idea.

Regards.
--
Joel Andres Granados
Red Hat / Brno, Czech Republic