[Freeipa-devel] TurboGears mock-up

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 03:17:21 UTC 2007

Attached is a simple TurboGears GUI mock-up that uses the same xmlrpc
library as the basic command-line.

Add user works, nothing else. And boy is it minimalistic.

It does demonstrate a few things:

- Retrieve a list of fields to request
- Automatically configure validators for those fields for both
requirements and for conforming to field type
- Displays a semi-useful error message (user already exists, error in
form, etc)

There is a bug in the funcs.py I submitted earlier. In the userPassword
field String should be string. All this means is that there is no
validator for the password field in the GUI.

I've implemented a bit more but it isn't in any shippable state (even
for demo purposes). I had to refactor things a fair bit both to be more
XML-RPC-like and to be more object-oriented. Should be ready in another
couple of weeks. Need to work on authentication/authorization first.

To install turbogears in F7 you just need to do: yum install TurboGears

For now just run TurboGears as a separate web server via: ./start-ipagui.py

Now hit http://ipaserver:8080/

The following packages were installed on my system:

python-cheetah
python-paste
python-kid
python-setuptools