[Freeipa-devel] Automount support

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Thu Apr 3 13:04:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 14:34 +0430, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
> Looking forward to the planned automount support, what Fedora package
> should own a new autofs schema? /etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema is
> owned by the samba package. But (as an example), the samba package does
> not provide a schema for Fedora Directory Server.

This is probably my fault, we have a schema file for FDS upstream, and
now that FDS is in fedora I should probably start putting the schema
somewhere, more easily reachable than the docs package I guess ...

> The autofs package could provide a schema for FDS, but then it would have
> to provide one for OpenLDAP too. FDS itself could provide the schema,
> but would we want to set the precedent that FDS provides all possible
> schemas? Or should FreeIPA provide the schema? What if someone wanted
> to use the schema without installing FreeIPA?
>
> There are nice directions for FDS / autofs at
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Automount.

Imo each package with LDAP support should provide the default schema for
the distribution supported Directory Servers. My only question, is where
should we put them for FDS ?