[Freeipa-devel] Re: Fedora Versions

Joe Harnish bigjoe1008 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:28:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Felix Schwarz <felix.schwarz at web.de> wrote:

>  Alex Davies write:
>
> > What is the consensus view on the most stable OS to run freeIPA on?
> >
> > Conventionally, I would go for Fedora7 but I wonder if the changes
> > that it makes to the OS would make Fedora9 a better bet?
> >

>  While I know next to nothing about FreeIPA, I really recommend using at
> least Fedora 8 given the fact that general support for Fedora 7 (security
> updates etc.) will be dropped soon by the Fedora Project.
>
>  Therefore I guess using Fedora 8 would be the safest bet (as this the
> stable version of Fedora which will be supported for ~7-8 months).
>
>  fs
Fedora 9 is going to have as a base package.  I think Fedora 8 it is
still considered as a testing app.  I had issues on Fedora 8 when
attempting to set it up.  Fedora 9 seems to have most if not all the
bugs worked out of the install process.  I had my first successful
installation on Fedora 9 yesterday.

--Joe