[Freeipa-devel] CentOS binaries/repositiory

Marc Richards email.marc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 20:50:21 UTC 2008

Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Simo Sorce wrote:
>> On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 14:37 -0500, Marc Richards wrote:
>>> Are you guys planning on releasing binaries and/or setting up a yum
>>> repository for CentOS?  If so, will it be done through EPEL or
>>> distributed via freeipa.org?
>>
>> Actually we have never discussed about this,
>> something we need to think about I guess.
>>
>> Simo.
>>

> The biggest hurdle I see is that it will require much more than just the
> ipa packages. Also required will be TurboGears and its dependencies, a
> newer krb5 with the spnego fixes and krb5-server-ldap will need to be
> built. Plus python-kerberos, python-krbV, python-pyasn1 and perhaps a
> couple others that I'm missing.
>
> rob

TurboGears and python-krbV are in EPEL.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/repoview/TurboGears.html
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/repoview/python-krbV.html

The other python modules probably wouldn't be too hard to package for
EPEL, especially for experienced programmers such as yourselves ;-) The
newer version on krb5 sounds like it may be an issue though.

Is the required version newer than what shipped in RHEL/CentOS 5.1?

Marc