[Freeipa-devel] CentOS binaries/repositiory

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 15:46:56 UTC 2008

Marc Richards wrote:
> Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Simo Sorce wrote:
>>>
>>> Actually we have never discussed about this,
>>> something we need to think about I guess.
>>>
>>> Simo.
>>>

>> The biggest hurdle I see is that it will require much more than just
>> the ipa packages. Also required will be TurboGears and its
>> dependencies, a newer krb5 with the spnego fixes and krb5-server-ldap
>> will need to be built. Plus python-kerberos, python-krbV,
>> python-pyasn1 and perhaps a couple others that I'm missing.
>>
>> rob
>
> TurboGears and python-krbV are in EPEL.
>
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/repoview/TurboGears.html
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/repoview/python-krbV.html
>
> The other python modules probably wouldn't be too hard to package for
> EPEL, especially for experienced programmers such as yourselves ;-) The
> newer version on krb5 sounds like it may be an issue though.
>
> Is the required version newer than what shipped in RHEL/CentOS 5.1?

Let me just add that the question was will *we* (freeIPA) do the CentOS
builds and provide the repo? I think the answer to that will be no, at
least for now.

It should be entirely possible to get freeIPA working on CentOS once the
appropriate package requirements are available, The tricky one will be
krb5 with spnego fixes and building the LDAP backend. It looks like the
rest should be relatively straightforward.

rob