[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA and mobile users

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Feb 29 15:19:22 UTC 2008

W. Michael Petullo wrote:
> Is anyone thinking about how to integrate mobile users into a FreeIPA
> network?

Absolutely, this is very much a goal of IPA, although not in the very
first release. The functionality will be provided by a component called
BlueBox. The name derives from white board architectural discussions in
which the functionality was contained in a blue box on the white board.
I went looking for a current public document on BlueBox, but I didn't
find one of much merit, I believe Simo has a task on his plate to update
the BlueBox design so stay tuned.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>