[Freeipa-devel] self service

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Wed Jul 2 17:20:18 UTC 2008

There is a "self service" in the webgui, that can be used once you have
an account, but how are users supposed to get the accounts registered ?

It would be great if there was a "Click here to apply for account" for
unregistered users. Which ipa-admins can approve/deny. Or is there
something like this hidden anywhere ?  At least it would be nice to be
able to delegate the creation of new users to non-ipa-admins. I.e. Group
leaders in our organization should be allowed to create new accounts
that will be part of their group.

We need something like this to put the last nail in the coffin for Sun
Identity Manager :-)

  -jf