[Freeipa-devel] freeIPA Installation issue on fedora core 9 (x86)

Andreas Mischinski mischins at imi.uni-luebeck.de
Tue Jun 3 14:37:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

i have an issue with the installation of threfreeIPA Package from Fedora
Core 9, currently package version ipa-server-1.0.0-6.fc9(i386).
During installation there is an error with adding the admin user to the
Ldap Server. I tried to repeat the command after the installation,but it
does not help :

/usr/lib/mozldap/ldappasswd -D cn=Directory Manager -w password1
-P /etc/dirsrv/slapd-MISCHINS-WORLD/cert8.db -ZZZ -s password1
uid=admin,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=mischins,dc=world

I get this answer :

ldap_start_tls_s failed: (Can`t connect to the LDAP server)

I have selinux disabled and added required ports to the firewall.
The service dirsrv MISCHINS-WORLD is running. Whats`s wrong here ? :-)

Thanks,

Andreas Mischinski