[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA 1.1 Released

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 17:12:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 12:10 -0400, Anthony Porcano wrote:
> Is there a list of client/server requirements available for FreeIPA?
> On the server side I'm happy to run Fedora 8/9 to satisfy
> requirements. Support for clients which must stay on RHEL3,4,5 seems
> to be the place where you'll need backported packages the most. If
> EPEL doesn't contain the required packages now, does anyone know if
> rpmforge has them? If someone can confirm what is required I don't
> mind chasing down the dependencies and documenting it for future
> reference.

Clients in general do not need any special package, all you need is
proper configuration of nss_ldap/pam_krb5.

The admin tools have dependencies, and they are the same as for the rest
of IPA. Admin tools are not necessary on normal clients, they are only
need on admin workstations normally.

Simo.

P.S: please drop freeipa-interest from this thread, let's keep it on
freeipa-devel where we can have lenghty conversations.