[Freeipa-devel] Building FreeIPA from Source

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 22:20:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to build FreeIPA from source because the F8 FreeIPA installer
do not create a working configuration on my box (as I mentioned to
rcrit, my box hung trying to speak to ldap at boot when run with the
self-detected settings, and providing other values for realm caused it
to crash).

So, I did a checkout (fresh as of the time of sending this email), and
am doing "make local-dist" with all the deps I need installed to
generate the RPMs I need.

I get this:  http://freeipa.pastebin.com/m68ce17d6

RPM build errors:
    Bad owner/group: /cg/freeipa/ipa-server/ipa-server.spec
make: *** [rpm-ipa-server] Error 1

I've grepped through all the specfiles and do not see any defattr's to
anything other than "-" so I should have all of the users I need.

Can someone please help me get around this?

--Michael