[Freeipa-devel] contribution policy draft

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 04:46:01 UTC 2009

Here's my simple thinking:

1. We get this to say what we *mean* it to say:

   http://freeipa.org/page/User:Quaid/Contribution_policy_(draft)

2. We pass that back to Red Hat Legal, saying, "These are the policies
   we want contributions to be under; it doesn't need to be a CLA.  Can
   you help us word this so it is a sufficient replacement for the
   CLA."

Here is the page where I've gathered requirements so far; the policy
draft is transcluded, too.  I wrote the policy draft from my
experience with Fedora Project policy and borrowing liberally from the
ideas in the Wikipedia Terms of Use[1].

http://freeipa.org/page/User:Quaid/Contribution_policy_(draft)

What is missing?

What is sufficient for you, as contributors, to know your work is
covered for being free and open forevermore?

Thanks - Karsten

[1] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Terms_of_Use
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41