[Freeipa-devel] Failed replica installation (v2)

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 14:10:33 UTC 2009

Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Martin Nagy wrote:
>> On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 08:33:36 -0400, Rob Crittenden
>> <rcritten at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> That would be a bug. It would seem that the CA is not being imported
>>> into DS either because it wasn't put into the replica file or some
>>> other bug.
>>
>> Submitted as bug# 509111. Is there a workaround? BTW, I can
>> see a ca.crt inside the replica info file.
>>
>> Martin
>
> I'm firing up a second F-11 VM now to give replication a test. It worked
> the last time I tried a few weeks ago so I don't know if this is another
> F-11 idiosyncrasy or a generic bug.
>
> rob

The NSS tool certutil used to list the entire cert chain with the -O
option. Now it only lists those certs in the chain that are trusted. We
used this to determine what CA's to trust when importing from a PKCS#12
  file. I've filed a bug on this.

A short-term workaround is to modify ipaserver/install/certs.py in
find_root_cert() to always return "CA certificate". This will only work
with our self-signed CA.

I was able to stand up a replica with this change.

rob