[Freeipa-devel] fedora-ds problem with kickstart in virtlab for F11

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 16:15:39 UTC 2009

I just noticed a problem when trying to create an F11 IPA virtual
machine in our virtlab. I happened to be using the profile
Fedora-11-i386-freeipa.

The cobbler install pauses because it can't find the fedora-ds-*
packages. That makes sense (possibly) because the packages are now 389-ds-*

But I happened to notice, and Nathan confirmed the F11 repo has both
fedora-ds and 389-ds. I'm presuming 389-ds obsoletes fedora-ds but
fedora-ds continues to live in the repo because if someone initially
installed fedora-ds in F11 then a yum upgrade won't automatically move
them over to 389-ds. Does anybody know if that's true?

Anyway I'm confused, if both fedora-ds and 389-ds are in the F11 repo
why did the kickstart fail to find fedora-ds?

Should we edit the profiles to change fedora-ds to 389-ds on F11 and
rawhide? I found the profiles on gordo but I didn't want touch them yet.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/