[Freeipa-devel] Structured DNS record API proposal

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 01:09:06 UTC 2011

> Can we use augeas for this?
> Augeas lenses use this kind of the validation and there is python
> binding so may be we should use augeas as an inspiration or ask for an
> augeas Javascript solution?

We might be able to learn something from Augeas, but the current Param
aspect of the Python architecture is probably powerful enough to
implement it in as well.  We just need to make a decision which way to
go.  Endi and I had a long discussion on IRC, which I have captured.
The short of it is that the UI is flexible enough to deal with whatever
the Back end decides to do.

My suggestion is that we think about doing complex attributes.  If we
decide that they are too complicated or cumbersome, we cane go with this
design.