[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA and per-machine views

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 13:04:42 UTC 2011

> I've ben working on the multiple search base feature in SSSD and I've
> had some thoughts that might be relevant to the FreeIPA v3 core
> effort. The idea behind multiple search bases is fairly simple;
> instead of simply checking one subtree for user or group information,
> you check several in series, stopping at the first match.

Seems like a good idea to me.

I presume it would not be a list of search bases to be applied to just
one server but rather a list of <server,base> tuples.

As an implementation and use issue I would think you would want some
mechanism by which the <server,base> was returned with the result so
that some business logic could be applied based on which base produced
the result.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?