[Freeipa-devel] [SSSD] Announcing SSSD 1.8.0 beta 1

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 10:09:25 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 05:31:04PM -0800, Jeff Schroeder wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
> > The SSSD is proud to announce the release of the first beta of SSSD
> > 1.8.0, destined to become our next long-term maintenance (LTM) release.
>
> What are the minimum requirements for those of us who want to run it
> on an older Fedora or RHEL? Anything different or new?

Define older :) There are two problems on RHEL5 I'm aware of:
 * 1.8beta does not compile on RHEL5 due to a bug in a patch that was
   pushed just before the release. We are working on fixing that
 * 1.8 is going to use a different DocBook stylesheet that does not
   exist on RHEL5 to support conditional elements. This is handy for skipping
   elements that document disabled features.  If you generated the manual
   pages with these old stylesheets, the man pages would include options
   for all features, including experimental even if they were not built in.

There should be no problems on RHEL6 and similar aged distributions.

Obviously you might not be able to test some of the experimental
features that integrate with 3rd party applications unless you have the
right version of autofs or sudo.