[Freeipa-devel] Adding Debian support to the FreeIPA code

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 21:25:46 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-02-26 at 21:41 +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> first thank you for bringing up the topic of wider use of FreeIPA on
> different platforms.

Thanks a lot indeed.

The plan looks good, the only thing I'd like to stress is that we need
to shot at maintainability and as little overhead as possible from the
development side when it comes to dealing with platform-specific code.

This means we need to make sure that the main configuration logic remain
the same and there is as little replication necessary as needed in the
instance classes. We do not want to get into a situation where changing
httpinstance.py means rewriting the same change for every platform, just
slightly different. Otherwise we will get one right and all the others
will fall apart.