[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA string freeze

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Apr 8 15:54:46 UTC 2013

написане Mon, 08 Apr 2013 18:45:30 +0300, Petr Viktorin
<pviktori at redhat.com>:

> Hello, FreeIPA translators!
>
> We wanted to give enough time for translations, so we made an upstream
> string freeze last week, giving about two weeks of translation time
> until the beta.
> We didn't expect most of the translations to be done already --
> Ukrainian at 100% and French with 40 strings missing. Thank you!!
>
> Meanwhile we have some fixes upstream that add/change additional strings
> that would have to be postponed for the next release.
> How much would it inconvenience you if instead of postponing the
> patches, we'd push each change to Transifex as it is pushed to master?
>
> In the past Jèrôme said that updating continuously would be better than
> the string freezes and mass updates we do now. We don't have resources
> to automate that*, but for slipping a few strings past string freeze it
> could work.

Hi,

Surely, it would be good to have fixes now (as well as some announce in
trans at lists.fedoraproject.org ).

And I'm all of the Jèrôme's proposal. It is enough to have updates every
3-4 months. That will make the translation process significantly easier.

Thanks for your work.

Best regards,
Yuri