[Freeipa-devel] Troubleshooting FreeIPA

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Dec 4 14:31:11 UTC 2013

On 12/04/2013 07:11 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have started a Troubleshooting page which should help FreeIPA users
> troubleshoot and report bugs. The first attempt can be found here:
>
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Troubleshooting
>
> This is mostly a brain dump of the most common issues I could think of. I would
> like to ask developers to help me extend it and add more information as it
> should help us a better portion of user issues before they even ask + if they
> ask, the page should help them attach the right data.
>
> Thanks in advance!

This is a good start.
I suggest we have a template section - a checklist that would help
people to prepare an email to the list.
Here is a proposed outline with example data:

Distro/OS with version: Fedora 19
Component: IPA server
Feature: Certificate management
Package version(s): ipa_..._3.0_..._.rpm
Problem description: Certificates are not renewed.
What I have tried:
Looked at X, here is output
Looked at Y, here is output
Corresponding sanitized logs:
<log1 verbatim, or a link to some other place like pastebin>
<log2 ...>

Urgency: I found a workaround but it would be nice to get it fixed.
Recommendations: May be a message should be more clear like this "blah,
blah..."

Did I miss anything?

--
Thank you,