[Freeipa-devel] Building FreeIPA on Debian Unstable

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Fri Dec 6 16:39:04 UTC 2013

>> And...that was pretty much as far as I got.
> with the updated repo + updates from the ppa the build succeeds but
> tests fail, and those are harder for me to parse. Full build log at
>
> http://pastebin.com/G40VMENn
Your first error is:

Failure: ImportError (No module named samba) ... ERROR

followed by missing ipaclient and pyasn1 modules.

There seem to be a slew of Kerberos errors, which indicate that the
Kerberos server was not getting set up to run correctly...which may in
fact be due to the Directory  server not running correctly.  I'd start
with ensuring 389, then Kerberos, don't have any path dependnceis that
are different between Debian and Fedora.  The radius issue might be
enough to mess up Kerberos, but I doubt it.