[Freeipa-devel] [PROPOSAL] Kerberos flags

Nathaniel McCallum npmccallum at redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 18:17:11 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-08 at 18:53 +0100, Sumit Bose wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 12:28:03PM -0500, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:

> > > Thank you for setting up the design page. I would like to suggest that
> > > we should try to include all currently available flags in one run,
> > > because:
> > > - some flags related to OTP would be needed as well
> >
> > I'm not aware of any. Are you? I may very well be missing something
> > obvious.
>
> iirc you once mentioned that requires_hwauth is used to signal the
> client that an OTP is needed. But I haven't checked your recent code if
> the flag is added behind the scenes or if it needs to be set for the
> principal.

We chose to abandon this since this flag is passed to the recipients of
the ticket and since OTP doesn't necessarily provide hardware guarantee.

Note that requires_hwauth is an RFC defined flag and admins may wish to
use it, so support for it should probably be present. However, it is
unrelated to OTP at this point.

Nathaniel