[Freeipa-devel] [PROPOSAL] Kerberos flags

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 15:00:39 UTC 2013

Petr Spacek wrote:
> On 12.3.2013 15:39, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Petr Spacek wrote:

>>> Persistent search?
>>>

>> Well, this is where we might do well with a 389-ds plugin that
>> monitors flag
>> changes so we can catch changes made directly by kadmin.local as well.
>> This
>> would be similar to the password plugin in keeping several attributes
>> in sync.
>
> I didn't understand your note about DS plugin.
>
> kadmin.local does all changes in LDAP, or not? All changes in LDAP DB
> are sent via persistent search (if the persistent search was issued with
> appropriate parameters).

Let me step back and say I know next to nothing about how the KDB
backend works.

What would be nice is one place to notice changes to these proposed
flags and the flag bitfield. Whether that is best done in the backend or
via a 389-ds plugin I don't know. So whatever we do, we need one place
to notice changes in either the flag(s) or bitfield and keep the values
in sync.

kadmin.local changes things in LDAP because we use our own backend
driver. It doesn't speak LDAP natively.

rob