[Freeipa-devel] [WIP] Web UI Refactoring & plugins effort - current state

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 15:08:54 UTC 2013

Update of the effort:

Current state in git://fedorapeople.org/~pvoborni/freeipa.git branch menu.

Patches will be squashed later.

Fixed regressions:
  * facet refreshed only when pkeys and args are changed
  * menu has 'memory'. One will return to previously selected facet of
entity.
  * fixed displaying of 3rd level of navigation in dns, automember
  * singleton objects (config, dnsconfig) update doesn't raise error

+ Some internal changes -mostly removal of get_primary_key calls.
+ Fixed error message while adding group external member - this might
not be regression caused by these patches (didn't check).

Known problems:
  * dirty dialog is displayed twice

On 03/05/2013 06:34 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sending current state of $subj. It's main purpose is to get rough review
> and design comments.
>
> Attaching patches of work done.
>
> The effort is documented at: http://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/doc
>
> Navigation refactoring
> ----------------------
> * http://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/doc/navigation.html
> * almost implemented
>
> Plugin design
> -------------
> * http://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/doc/plugins.html
> * nothing implemented
>
> Known problems
> --------------
> * http://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/doc/known_problems.html
>
> Others
> ------
> As a part of the effort I change some Web UI internals. Some of them are
> documented on pages:
> * http://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/doc/phases.html
> * http://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/doc/facet_public_state.html
> * http://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/doc/registers.html
>
> NOTE: all doc pages are written in asciidoc, change extension from .html
> to .txt to get the source. I use it because our wiki doesn't handle
> source codes well. I plan to gradually create complete documentation of
> Web UI.
>
> I will create design page in our wiki later - should be less verbose.
>
> Update testing server with:
> $ util/sync.sh --host root at host.test  -cC --dojo --misc --strings --restart
> $ util/sync.sh --host root at host.test -fc

Petr Vobornik