[Freeipa-devel] Modular PSKC document parser

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Fri Mar 29 20:50:44 UTC 2013

On 03/26/2013 09:31 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-03-26 at 20:46 +0100, Petr Kubát wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>

>> I am a student at the Brno University of Technology and am working on
>> my bachelor's thesis in cooperation with Red Hat (my supervisor is Jan
>> Zeleny).
>> The project is basically a Portable Symmetric Key Container (PSKC)
>> document parser written in Python with modules to store the parsed
>> information into various storage formats. I will also be designing and
>> implementing a module to store the information into a 389 Directory
>> Server and as such was told by my supervisor to ask you if you would
>> be interested in the project for the FreeIPA solution.
> It may be interesting, can you give us a bit more background on the
> project and what kind usage do you see it valuable for?
>
> Simo.

Simo,

This is rfc6030
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6030

The main point of the project is to allow loading token data that comes
in a from of XML file in the different destinations.
For IPA the value would be the ability to support 3rd party hardware OTP
tokens

The work would be to create a library that would allow processing an XML
file and storing data in a provided back end. One back end we care about
- LDAP, but in future other people should be able to add other back ends
if they need to.

Petr Welcome!

Our OTP schema is defined here: http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/OTP
I think this is a good start.
Let us know if you have any other questions.

Nathaniel,

I might make sense for you and Petr to work more closely in this area.

Nathan,

You might want to keep an eye too.

--
Thank you,