[Freeipa-devel] [SSSD] FreeIPA on Debian

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Tue Sep 3 20:30:48 UTC 2013

On 09/01/2013 01:35 PM, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> On 01.09.2013 21:43, Dmitri Pal wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As you know, I've been packaging stuff for the past two years with the
>>> goal of eventually having FreeIPA server on Debian/Ubuntu. A lot has
>>> been accomplished, but quite a bit is still missing too..

>>> Yes, this is the biggest blocker. Dogtag 9 is packaged in git and
>>> working, but I'm not going to push that to the distro. It can be used
>>> for testing the IPA server though, before we have Dogtag 10. Once the
>>> prereqs are in place the Dogtag git should be easy to rebase with 10.x.
>>>
>>> I did start packaging some of the dependencies, but hit a wall when some
>>> maven component needed a different release than another one.. AIUI this
>>> is a known issue with maven based projects..
I would like to organize the effort to get Dogtag 10 ported to Debian.
I know that there are a lot of dependencies needed for this to happen.
I can create and maintain a wiki page to track all of the work that is
needed to get this porting done.  Do you have a list of Dogtag 10
dependencies that are not currently packaged for Debian that I can use
as a starting point?  Once we have a clear outline of what is needed, we
can start trying to divide up and schedule the work.

Do you have more details on the maven issue you were running up against?

Thanks,
-NGK