[Freeipa-devel] ipa api

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue Sep 10 15:05:05 UTC 2013

On 09/10/2013 08:45 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Sumit Bose wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 02:23:24PM +0400, Gorbachev Ivan wrote:
>>> Hello! Can you help me, how to  authenticate in ipa from code (C++) ?
>>
>> It depends a bit on what you are looking for but typically applications
>> are using PAM
>> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluggable_authentication_module) for
>> authentication.
>
> I guess I would add: authenticate whom, to what?
>
> rob

I think the question is about our JSON/RPC API.
The answer is: use some kind of kerberos authentication (SSSD, kinit or
similar).
The user running client side executable will be mapped on the client
side to kerberos principal and his ticket will be used automatically
from the kerberos cache. There are is not user name and password
argument in the API if this is what you are looking for.

HTH.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal