[Freeipa-devel] [RFE] Support for automember rebuild membership

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Mon Sep 23 07:18:20 UTC 2013

On 09/19/2013 03:43 PM, Ana Krivokapic wrote:
> On 09/19/2013 03:26 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 12.9.2013 19:59, Ana Krivokapic wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The design document for $SUBJECT can be found at:
>>> http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/Automember_rebuild_membership
>>>
>>> Related tickets:
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3752
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3928
>>>
>>> Thoughts, comments, questions welcome.
>>>

>> I don't think naming the commands user-automember-rebuild and
>> host-automember-rebuild commands is correct. The names imply they are methods
>> of user/host, but they don't directly do anything to user/host objects. I
>> would prefer if they were kept in the automember namespace where they
>> logically belong (automember-rebuild-user and automember-rebuild-host perhaps?)
>>
>> Honza
>>

> That makes sense... I don't have a strong preference one way or other. So if
> other agree with this suggestion, I will change it.

I think Honza's comment makes sense. We can merge the functionality to
automember-rebuild command:

$ ipa automember-rebuild --type=group [ENTRY]
$ ipa automember-rebuild --type=hostgroup [ENTRY]

If no ENTRY is specified, it would run rebuild for all entries. If ENTRY is
specified, it would use it as Primary Key the entry - user uid or group name.

This way the API should be consistent with the rest of the automember plugin.

Makes sense?

Martin