[Freeipa-devel] [RFE] User Life-Cycle Management

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Thu Sep 26 12:32:12 UTC 2013

Hello developers!

I prepared a first draft of User Life-Cycle Management feature, which should
appear in later FreeIPA release.

http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/User_Life-Cycle_Management

There are still open questions, the main one from my perspective is if the
staged users should be stored in our main LDAP database/suffix or the alternate
one. Both have pros and cons, I tried to list them in the design page.

Keeping it in a separated suffix may allow less difficult maintenance of old
and new FreeIPA servers as old FreeIPA servers and plugins (like ipa-kdb) will
not see the staged users. But there are higher replication agreement and other
costs connected with this approach.

Comments, feedback is very welcome.

Martin