[Freeipa-devel] Multi-OS FreeIPA in puppet-ipa

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 04:05:47 UTC 2014

I've just pushed out a WIP feature branch for multi-os puppet-ipa. This
is an elegant way to create a multi-os compatible puppet module. It can
be useful for managing differences between RHEL and Debian, but also
between CentOS and RHEL, and even RHEL 6.x and RHEL 7, etc...

Some background on the technique when I did this for puppet-gluster:
https://ttboj.wordpress.com/2014/06/04/hiera-data-in-modules-and-os-independent-puppet/

Since I'm only currently testing CentOS/RHEL 6.x, please report any
issues with other versions or OS's, and I'll patch them ASAP.

WIP branch:
https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-ipa/tree/feat/yamldata

I'll rebase this branch as new patches are added, and I'll usually keep
it current against git master. Once someone ACK's that it is working
against another OS or version, then I'll maintain it in git master.

Thank you,
James