[Freeipa-devel] New/Updated FreeIPA design pages

Ludwig Krispenz lkrispen at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 14:57:34 UTC 2014

On 12/16/2014 03:22 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 11:33:41 +0100
> Ludwig Krispenz <lkrispen at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Simo,
>>
>> one thing is not quite clear to me: do you want a domain level per
>> feature or a global domain level or both ?
> The Domain Level is global.
> I described a "Feature Version" that is published by feature.
> The Feature Versions just state what is available they do not determine
> what is the current overall Domain Level.
Ok, just to confirm my understanding.

- we have one domain level.
- each (new) plugin or compoment has to define its minimal domain level
and execute only features covered by this level
- in addition, these plugins have to expose their (plugin)  version on
each server, allowing checks for setting the domain level