[Freeipa-devel] New/Updated FreeIPA design pages

Ludwig Krispenz lkrispen at redhat.com
Fri Dec 19 16:01:56 UTC 2014

On 12/18/2014 02:52 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:56:47 +0100
> thierry bordaz <tbordaz at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/16/2014 05:44 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> Domain level can only be increased. Can it interfere with the ability
>> of the admin to downgrade a software version ?
> Yes it will interfere, but the domain level will never be automatically
> raised, so the admin has time to do tests for normal functionality, and
> can wait to raise the domain level if there are reports of issues with
> newer functionality.
there is one more scenario I would like to clarify. If a new replica is
installed or a client promoted to a replica, this means th enew
installation of a DS instance, which for some time is not connected to
the rest of the topology until its shared date are initialized from an
existing server in the topology. After the total init is complete, it
can check the set domain level and act accordingly.
But how should it act before, assuming domain level 0, or should
admin/scripts set a temporary domain level in the neew server, even if
it will be overwritten later by replica initialization ?