[Freeipa-devel] Using the Reviewed-by git tag

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 13:36:26 UTC 2014

On 02/10/2014 01:59 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 02/10/2014 01:55 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
[...]
>> I'll use some time this week to write a better patch-pushing helper that'll
>> incorporate this.
>> (For the record, now we usually use
>> https://github.com/mkosek/ipa-tools/blob/master/pushpatch.py)
>
> That may be the best option for the short term. I would envision something like:
>
> $ pushpatch.py freeipa-somebody-1-great.patch
> Reviewed by:
> 0) Me
> 1) Petr Vobornik
> 2) Martin Kosek
> 3) Petr Viktorin
> 4) ...
> 99) Others:
>
> Reviewed-By choice [0]: _

Since the time I tried using `certutil -R` from a script, I like to
provide command line options instead, and limit interactivity to a [y/n]
question at the end.

> Martin

The tool is available for beta-testing at:
git clone https://github.com/encukou/ipa-tools.git  (pushpatches.py)
or: https://raw.github.com/encukou/ipa-tools/master/pushpatches.py
Please check the output before answering "yes" :)

It has a few futuristic dependencies:
sudo yum install python3-docopt python3-PyYAML python3-blessings

You need a config file in ~/.ipa/pushpatch.yaml;  `pushpatches.py
--help` has an example one.

My workflow is to add patches to a designated "to-apply" directory
(mentioned in the config file), and then run something like:
dev/ipa-tools/pushpatches.py --reviewer mkosek --branch={master,ipa-3-3}
You can of course specify patches on the command line instead.

If you leave --branches out, it'll try to get the branches from ticket
milestones. Please double-check if you use this.
It will also divine Bugzilla URLs from Trac tickets.
It doesn't auto-open the tickets in a browser, but hopefully nowadays
most terminal emulators make URLs clickable.

--
Petr³