[Freeipa-devel] Reorganization of Web UI navigation items

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 06:34:55 UTC 2014

On 06/03/2014 11:16 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 06/03/2014 04:29 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:

>>> ok, though I have different division in mind.

>>> I am not sure about Automount, SUDO and Automember as they are not so about
>>> policy related to users but rather about central storage for native Linux
>>> services - similarly to DNS.

>>> Hm, "Policy" is indeed strange.

>>> Let me twist your proposal a bit and come to it from different way, i.e.
>>> thinking about what admin wants to do. If he wants to set up a user, he should
>>> not need to go to 2 different top level items.
>>>
>>> Users
>>> - Users
>>> - Groups
>>> - OTP Tokens
>>> - Password Policy
>>> - Automember
>>>
>>> Hosts
>>> - Hosts
>>> - Host groups
>>> - Netgroups
>>> - HBAC
>>> - SELinux User Maps
>
> User maps are more about users than hosts. No?

They are both about users and hosts. You set up what SELinux role you want for
a user on given host. Similarly to HBAC.

>>> Services
>>> - Services
>>> - SUDO
>>> - Automount
>
> I do not like "services" on two levels but I can't come up with an alternative.
>>>
>>> Trusts
>>> - (future) Views
>>> - Trust configuration
>>> - Trusts
>
> Ad other trusts in future

+1

>>> Infrastructure
>>> - Certificates
>>> - DNS
>>> - Realm Domains
>>> - Kerberos Ticket Policy
>>> - (future) Replication topology
>>>
>>> Configuration
>>> - Global
>>> - RBAC
>
> Is it IPA access control?

Yes - i.e. menu not useful for someone besides FreeIPA security admin.

>>> - ID Ranges
>
> I suggest different slicing:
>
> Configuration
>  - Global
>  - Access control
>  - Realm Domains
>  - Kerberos Ticket Policy
>  - ID ranges

Hmm, that makes sense.

> Infrastructure
> - (future) Replication topology
> - DNS
> - (future) Vault
>
> I am not sure about Certificates.
> Is it about root CA? Can you point me to a feature page that corresponds to
> this feature?

http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/Cert_find

It gives you all certificates issued by FreeIPA PKI. Subsystem certificates,
service certificates.

> Should we have also:
> (future) Support
> - Documentation
> - Project Wiki
> - File issue here

Maybe, though there is now About-ish menu already, in the top bar. Let me come
up with new proposal based on your comments and on Adam Young's ideas elsewhere
in the thread.

Users
- Users
- Groups