[Freeipa-devel] User life cycle: plugins scope for staged users

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Thu May 22 14:33:14 UTC 2014

Hello,

    In order to provision staged users (account inactivated) with there
    initial values:

        /usr/bin/ipa user-add tb20 --to-stage --first=tb20 --last=tb20
        -----------------
        Added user "tb20"
        -----------------
           User login: tb20
           First name: tb20
           Last name: tb20
           Full name: tb20 tb20
           Display name: tb20 tb20
           Initials: tt
           Home directory: /home/tb20
           GECOS: tb20 tb20
           Login shell: /bin/sh
           Kerberos principal: tb20 at IDM.LAB.BOS.REDHAT.COM
           Email address: tb20 at idm.lab.bos.redhat.com
           UID: -1
           GID: -1
           Account disabled: true
           Password: False
           Kerberos keys available: False

        ldapsearch -LLL -h localhost -p 389 -D "cn=directory manager" -w
        Secret123 -b "dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com" uid=tb20
        dn: uid=tb20,cn=staged
        users,cn=accounts,cn=provisioning,dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,
          dc=redhat,dc=com
        displayName: tb20 tb20
        cn: tb20 tb20
        objectClass: top
        objectClass: person
        objectClass: organizationalperson
        objectClass: inetorgperson
        objectClass: inetuser
        objectClass: posixaccount
        objectClass: krbprincipalaux
        objectClass: krbticketpolicyaux
        objectClass: ipaobject
        objectClass: ipasshuser
        objectClass: ipaSshGroupOfPubKeys
        loginShell: /bin/sh
        uidNumber: -1
        ipaUniqueID: autogenerate
        gidNumber: -1
        gecos: tb20 tb20
        sn: tb20
        homeDirectory: /home/tb20
        uid: tb20
        mail: tb20 at idm.lab.bos.redhat.com
        krbPrincipalName: tb20 at IDM.LAB.BOS.REDHAT.COM
        givenName: tb20
        initials: tt

    I needed to resctrict the scope of the following plugins:

        dn: cn=ipaUniqueID uniqueness,cn=plugins,cn=config
        nsslapd-pluginarg1:
        cn=accounts,dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com

        dn: cn=IPA Unique IDs,cn=IPA UUID,cn=plugins,cn=confi
        ipauuidscope: cn=accounts,dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com

        dn: cn=Posix IDs,cn=Distributed Numeric Assignment
        Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
        dnaScope: cn=accounts,dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com

        dn: cn=MemberOf Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
        memberofentryscope:
        cn=accounts,dc=idm,dc=lab,dc=bos,dc=redhat,dc=com

    In fact I need them to not modify the added entry when it is added
    under "cn=staged users,cn=accounts,cn=provisioning,$SUFFIX".
    Now is it possible to limit those plugins scope to the 'cn=accounts'
    part of the tree ? I guess not.
    If it is not possible, a solution is to make the scope multi-valued
    attributes or to introduce a new config attribute '*notInScope' also
    multi-valued.
    A problem is the 'cn=ipaUniqueID uniqueness' that rely on the
    'attribute uniqueness' plugin with a argv[ ], not really convenient
    to pass 2 multivalued attributes.

    If anyone is having others solutions it would help me a lot :-)

    thanks
    thierry