[Freeipa-devel] User life cycle: question regarding the design

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Thu May 29 08:14:06 UTC 2014

On 05/29/2014 10:06 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
> On 05/29/2014 09:43 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
>> 1) Manipulating staged users
>> - staged users must have UID RDN
>> - UID uniqueness plugin should not be enforcing in staging area
>> - we do not want it in user plugin as it requires different parameters and
>> objectclasses
>> - API:
>> ipa stage-user-add
>> ipa stage-user-mod
>> ipa stage-user-find
>> ipa stage-user-del
>
> You left out "show".

Right - that too.

> But note that the framework won't allow dashes in the object name, so this
> would have to be "stage-add", "stageuser-add", "userstage-add", or something
> like that.
> (This is because of the way commands are mapped to objects implicitly by name,
> which I don't think was the best decision, but it is what we have. It may not
> be very hard to change, though.)

Hmm, correct. There are 2 ways - follow the pattern we have in automember and
be OK we have one LDAPObject for all stage commands and override what we need
in LDAPCommands, or update to separate LDAPObjects as you proposed:

ipa stageduser-add
ipa stageduser-mod
ipa stageduser-find
ipa stageduser-del