[Freeipa-devel] Releasing testing tools as standalone projects

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Thu Nov 6 13:29:31 UTC 2014

On 11/03/2014 04:07 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> There's been some interest in releasing pieces of FreeIPA's testing
> infrastructure so it can be reused in other projects.
> I will soon take the pytest-beakerlib plugin (currently in my patch
> 0672), and making a stand-alone project out of it. Later I'll extract
> the common pieces of the integration testign framework, and release that
> independently.

Thanks for the discussion, everyone.
I've opened a ticket to get the project space for the BeakerLib plugin:
When that's done I'll point the package metadata to there, push to PyPI
and open a Fedora review request.

While we wait, it's available here:
https://github.com/encukou/pytest-beakerlib
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/pviktori/pytest-beakerlib

Do we need a version for EL 6? I'd need to check the pytest versions
there, and build a newer pytest if necessary.

The second part is the multi-host framework. I've looked at what parts
are applicable to other projects than IPA, and came up with an initial
design/README here: https://github.com/encukou/pytest-multihost
I'll add a concrete example, code, and patches for IPA, soon.

IPA also has/will have a plugin to run tests within a class in source
order (respecting inheritance), rather than in pytest's unspecified
order ("usually alphabetically", IIRC). It can be extracted as well if
there's interest.

--
Petr³