[Freeipa-devel] Gaps in upstream tests

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Nov 7 13:41:54 UTC 2014

FreeIPA team will soon grow with a new member focusing on upstream QE tests. I
would like to collect ideas what are the biggest gaps in the current upstream
test suite from your POV.

Existing requests are tracked here:
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&component=Tests&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&group=milestone&order=priority

First idea that I head proposed are Upgrade tests. These are often done
manually. I think that upgrade test from currently supported FreeIPA/Fedora
version would go a long way (like 3.3.5 on F20 upgraded built RPMs and running
unit tests).

Second, it would be nice to try testing FreeIPA server in a container. Not only
it would verify our container efforts, but it may also allow easy multi-master
tests on one Jenkins VM or local host instead of expensive VM orchestration.

Any other areas worth focusing on (besides of course testing newly developed
features)?

--
Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com>
Supervisor, Software Engineering - Identity Management Team