[Freeipa-devel] Gaps in upstream tests

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 15:58:35 UTC 2014

On 07/11/14 14:41, Martin Kosek wrote:
> FreeIPA team will soon grow with a new member focusing on upstream QE
> tests. I would like to collect ideas what are the biggest gaps in the
> current upstream test suite from your POV.
>
> Existing requests are tracked here:
> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&component=Tests&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&group=milestone&order=priority
>

> First idea that I head proposed are Upgrade tests. These are often
> done manually. I think that upgrade test from currently supported
> FreeIPA/Fedora version would go a long way (like 3.3.5 on F20 upgraded
> built RPMs and running unit tests).
>
> Second, it would be nice to try testing FreeIPA server in a container.
> Not only it would verify our container efforts, but it may also allow
> easy multi-master tests on one Jenkins VM or local host instead of
> expensive VM orchestration.
>
> Any other areas worth focusing on (besides of course testing newly
> developed features)?

1) DNS:
We should testing more "complicated" DNS toplogy with forwarders,
testing if a forward zone forwards data as expected (we had regression),
test if DNS (named) works as expected with various configurations.

Currently the wait_for_dns option tests if record is resolvable, but we
should test if the record is correct in better way.

Test installation with various DNS options (or non DNS as well)

2) Upgrade tests:
+1000

Martin^2

--