[Freeipa-devel] [HELP] Regular users should not be able to add OTP tokens with custom name

Nathaniel McCallum npmccallum at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 18:33:24 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-10-14 at 10:38 +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:
> Dne 14.10.2014 v 10:23 Petr Viktorin napsal(a):

> > As Honza says later in the mail, this should be an argument for
> > add_entry (or alternatively an additional add_entry_with_postread
> > method). Storing settings in data objects leads to trouble – when you
> > get such an object from somewhere, you never know what an operation on
> > it will do.
>
> I would prefer add_entry argument rather than a new method, as that's
> how find_entries does controls.

> >> I agree it should be opt-in for now. Add a boolean argument to add_entry
> >> as a switch.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > Also, I think the add_entry should not return anything; rather the
> > PostRead result should be merged into the added entry object. Honza,
> > what do you think?
>
> It should, good point.
>

> > In the future it might be useful for add_entry to return a list of
> > controls, the `ctrls` in this patch.

If we're going to implement temporary workarounds like this in order to
merge this patch, I'd prefer to just wait until 4.2. Without activating
the post read control for all add operations, there is really no benefit
to this patch and added risk.

I propose that for 4.1, we use the attached patch to remove the field
from the UI. Once we have proper ACI/UUID-plugin integration in 389, we
can revisit these patches.

Nathaniel