[Freeipa-devel] Compat tree permissions

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 10:34:28 UTC 2014

On 09/03/2014 12:32 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
> On 09/03/2014 10:45 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
>> On 09/03/2014 10:17 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
>> [...]
>>>
>>> If you check
>>> cn=users,cn=Schema Compatibility,cn=plugins,cn=config
>>> you would see that we only allow attributes we already expose to
>>> anonymous as
>>> in the basic permission. So it is not that bad.
>>
>> For users, yes. I assume we want the others to be authenticated only?
>>
>>> But maybe we should add a new internal "link" between standard and
>>> compat tree
>>> permissions and issue a warning when visibility of one is changed...
>>>
>>> Regarding missing compat permissions, I would personally add these:
>>>
>>> System: Read User Compat Tree
>>> System: Read Group Compat Tree
>>> System: Read Host Compat Tree
>>> System: Read Netgroup Compat Tree
>
> Also, what about sudoers?

What about them? I thought we have that part resolved already:

# ipa permission-find sudoers
--------------------
1 permission matched
--------------------
  Permission name: System: Read Sudoers compat tree
  Granted rights: read, compare, search
  Effective attributes: cn, description, objectclass, ou, sudocommand,
sudohost, sudonotafter,
                        sudonotbefore, sudooption, sudoorder, sudorunas,
sudorunasgroup, sudorunasuser,
                        sudouser
  Default attributes: sudonotafter, description, sudouser, cn, objectclass,
sudooption, sudocommand,
                      sudonotbefore, sudorunas, sudorunasuser, sudohost, ou,
sudoorder, sudorunasgroup
  Bind rule type: all
  Subtree: dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test
  ACI target DN: ou=sudoers,dc=mkosek-fedora20,dc=test
Number of entries returned 1