[Freeipa-devel] Compat tree permissions

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 13:33:25 UTC 2014

On Wed, 03 Sep 2014, Rob Crittenden wrote:

>>> Ok, please file the ticket then.
>> Will do.
>>

>Remember that most of the NIS/legacy systems that would actually use
>this are non-Linux so keep that in mind as you tighten things up.
>ipa-advise doesn't cover the cases of AIX, Solaris and HP/ux.
Yep. However:

- NIS doesn't require LDAP access from client side and nis plugin will
  work fine as it uses slapi_*_internal_*() calls which are not subject
  to ACI evaluation.

- LDAP with any non-anonymous bind will work, including simple bind over
  SSL.

  I've fixed recently cyrus-sasl bug with GSSAPI mech that was
  preventing GSSAPI authentication from AIX. Unfortunately, cyrus-sasl
  developers are not responsive, no answers from upstream for a month.
  Fedora/RHEL packages are not yet updated but I'm going to do that
  soon. This affects only server-side, so by fixing it we'll get GSSAPI
  working for old LDAP clients that support it.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy