[Freeipa-devel] Topology Plugin design questions

Oleg Fayans ofayans at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 08:54:45 UTC 2015

Hi Ludwig,

It seems the Design page for the topology plugin is a bit outdated.
1. It still operates with the terms like plugin version
(http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology#Check_for_modify_operation),
although it was generally agreed, that we do not use plugin version at all.

2. The section
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology#Check_after_online_initializatition
should be a bit clarified:
Does this mean, that if we prepare a replica from a master that has
domainlevel = 1, then the replica, that already had a domain level = 0
will raise it? Do we support this scenario at all?

3. Segment directions. Currently there is no way to specify segment
direction using the cli `ipa topologysegment-add`. However the direction
is shown with `ipa topologysegment-find` and `ipa topologysegment-show`,
which leads to confusing of the users. We probably should remove this
info from the output at all and update the design page accordingly.

--
Oleg Fayans
Quality Engineer