[Freeipa-devel] Topology Plugin design questions

Oleg Fayans ofayans at redhat.com
Fri Aug 14 06:26:48 UTC 2015

The problem of current implementation of topologysegment-add is that it
does not support '--connectivity' commandline option:
$ ipa help topologysegment-add
Usage: ipa [global-options] topologysegment-add TOPOLOGYSUFFIX NAME
[options]

Add a new segment.
   -h, --help            show this help message and exit
   --leftnode=STR        Left replication node - an IPA server
   --rightnode=STR       Right replication node - an IPA server
   --stripattrs=STR      A space separated list of attributes which are
removed
                         from replication updates.
   --replattrs=STR       Attributes that are not replicated to a consumer
                         server during a fractional update. E.g.,
                         `(objectclass=*) $ EXCLUDE accountlockout memberof
   --replattrstotal=STR  Attributes that are not replicated to a consumer
                         server during a total update. E.g.
(objectclass=*) $
                         EXCLUDE accountlockout
   --timeout=INT         Number of seconds outbound LDAP operations
waits for a
                         response from the remote replica before timing
out and
                         failing
   --setattr=STR         Set an attribute to a name/value pair. Format is
                         attr=value. For multi-valued attributes, the
command
                         replaces the values already present.
   --addattr=STR         Add an attribute/value pair. Format is
attr=value. The
                         attribute must be part of the schema.
   --all                 Retrieve and print all attributes from the server.
                         Affects command output.
   --raw                 Print entries as stored on the server. Only affects
                         output format.

But when you actually create a segment, it asks for connectivity
interactively, which effectively blocks automation.

--
Oleg Fayans
Quality Engineer