[Freeipa-devel] topology plugin woes

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 18:34:09 UTC 2015

I am working on the replica promotion code and suddenly the topology
plugin is getting in the way.

First thing I noticed is that it converted an agreement into a segment
even though my domain level is 0, is this expected ? I thought we'd
enable the plugin only when level -> 1

By taking over immediately it will break ipa management tools from older
serves which know nothing about dealing with segments, they only know
about direct removal of replication agreements.

The other problem is that it seem I can't remove the replication
agreement even if I removed all references to the (failed) replica I
installed. It complains it would cause split brain .. but this is the
last replica and I already removed the master's computer object, why is
the topology plugin not recognizing the master is no more and not
letting me remove the segment ?