[Freeipa-devel] DNS: consolidate RR types in API and LDAP schema

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 14:03:37 UTC 2015

On 15/07/15 15:39, Petr Vobornik wrote:
> On 07/15/2015 02:42 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
>> Patch attached.
>>
>>      https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4934
>>      https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5055
>>

> Why are you adding RP, APL, IPSEC, DHCID, HIP, SPF records? Is there a
> plan to use them? Can't we just not use unsupported records in
> LDAPSearch'? (which would fix #5055)
I had discussion with Petr2, and we decided to do it this way, because
these records are valid.

Removing unsupported records from search changes the behavior of the DNS
commands. Now IPA shows even unsupported records which cannot be
modified by API. AFAIK we want to keep this behavior.

--
Martin Basti