[Freeipa-devel] Is Backend.krb part of API?

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Tue Jul 28 10:37:47 UTC 2015

On 07/28/2015 10:57 AM, Michael Šimáček wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on porting FreeIPA away from python-krbV. Backend.krb and
> KRB5_CCache classes are mere wrappers around krbV bindings, so it would
> make sense to remove them. But I found the former used in the example in
> doc/examples/python-api.py. Is it part of FreeIPA's API? Shall I provide
> some partial compatibility layer for it? (only partial because some
> methods can take krbV objects as arguments)
>
> Thank you,
> Michael Simacek

Does the replacement offer API which has all the methods as the
wrappers? If so we can remove them.

Imho we can remove Backend.krb aka ipalib/plugins/kerberos.py. It's used
only in 2 files, both are not in production. But I'm not sure about
KRB5_CCache, the wrapper has some exception logic which might be wanted
to be kept.
--
Petr Vobornik