[Freeipa-devel] topologysegment-mod question

Oleg Fayans ofayans at redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 12:49:50 UTC 2015

Hi Ludwig,

Could you please clarify how should `ipa topologysegment-mod
--enabled=off` work?
My initial understanding was that it disables any changes to go through
the disabled segment, but as it turns out, it does let the
topology-related info through, and filters out all the rest.
What I mean, is that having a line topology like this:

master - rep1 - rep2 - rep3 - rep4

When I disable rep2-rep3 segment, then:
1. any user created on master does not appear on rep3 and rep4 (as
expected), but
2. changes in topology, made on rep4 do get replicated to master

Is it an expected behavior?

--
Oleg Fayans
Quality Engineer